Been taking a break from novelling and working on some short stories. Two new short stories in the works:
- “Wobble,” a sci fi piece about preventing the Earth’s orbit from decaying
- “Elves in Space,” a fantasy-sci fi mashup that attempts to poke fun at everything from LOTR to Star Wars, Snow White to Harry Potter.
In addition I’ve been reworking several older pieces.
- “The Trillionaire” is now much tighter, sub 4000 words, with a quicker opener and the same tear-jerker ending
- “Airlock” has been lengthened based on some really good feedback I got from one ending, although it’s still super tight and under 1000 words, which is great for the flash market
- “Sunset, Moonrise” also got some rework again based on some great feedback from a rejecting editor
- “The Bow Wave,” “How a Valkyrie Flies,” and “Martian Rules,” the prequel to “Three-Quarters Martian,” all got some fine tuning
Now it’s time to resubmit and see what happens.